4 Reasons to Attend This Year’s Travel Market Place West Conference
We are approximately two weeks away from the start of the 2022 Travel Market Place West conference.
The conference is built and designed specifically to help travel advisors thrive and connect with suppliers in person, as well as learn from industry experts who will cover a wide range of business development topics from the industry.
The conference, which takes place on May 2 and 3 at JW Marriott Parq Vancouver, is one of TMR’s highlights of the year and we’re excited to see you there. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect:
1. Welcome back to the conference
This year, TMP West marks the return of the event to Canada’s West Coast for the first time since 2020. Dubbed “CO-Vision 2020”, the 2020 conference took place in February 2020, just before the world shut down .
While this year has been filled with talk of surviving what was to come, this year’s conference is expected to take on a different tone, primarily one of preparing for the industry’s rebound, which is already well underway.
For example, Air Canada, which had only 2,175 daily passengers in April 2020, carried 100,0701 on April 1, a milestone not only for the carrier, but also for the Canadian and international travel industry in general. .
It’s that kind of sentiment and optimism that should drive this year’s conference, which will not only leave attendees positive about their future, but also prepare for the imminent return of travel demand.
2. The program
This year’s conference will be hosted by Ron Cates, a digital marketing icon known as “The Grandfather of Email Marketing.” Cates will lead a packed program of educational sessions specifically designed to help travel advisors grow their business in 2022, including:
– A leadership panel including Mike Foster of Nexion, Cathie Lewis Hardy of TRAVELSAVERS, Christal Bauer of Flightcentre, and more, focusing on how agency owners can steer their staff through volatility over the coming months.
– Tim Law, Partner at Heifetz, Crozier, Law, will provide an understanding of duty of care and how to integrate the performance of duty into the sales process, including the creation and effective use of terms and conditions .
– A cruise panel with Derek Lloyd from NCL, Justin French from Carnival Cruise Line, Beverly Vickers from Regent Seven Seas Cruises and Carla Brake from Globus.
– A TED-style talk by David Chait of Travefy on how to future-proof your business.
– A talk on how to multiply your business by 10 with Geraldine Ree.
Photo: EJ Nickerson
3. The place
The JW Marriott Parq Vancouver is located in downtown Vancouver, in the heart of the city’s entertainment district, on the False Creek waterfront. It is a short walk from the shops of Robson Street and not far from Vancouver’s iconic Gastown district.
The hotel is one of the highest rated hotels in a city known for its hotel offerings – it holds a 4.5 out of 5 star rating based on over 400 reviews on TripAdvisor. And it offers more than rooms, suites and convention space.
The third floor of the hotel houses a casino with everything from nickel slots and $5 blackjack to private high-limit lounges. On-site dining offerings include Honey Salt, a farm-to-table restaurant with an emphasis on local ingredients; Le Victor, a seafood restaurant and steakhouse; and BC Kitchen, which the hotel calls “Vancouver’s best sports bar.”
4. A chance to update your photo
Things have changed since pre-pandemic and we are delighted to announce that as part of the regular registration price, TMP West attendees can now reserve your spot online to get an updated photo by a professional photographer. . In addition to breakfast, lunch, evening reception and coffee breaks, you will now have the opportunity to get a new photo, just in time for the reopening of the industry.